Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Welcome Lillian!!

Hello and welcome to Lillian's blog.
Our baby finally arrived! She is doing really well! She was born a week overdue after many hours of waiting for the inducing to work and then after quite a few hours of labor. Thanks to a great epidural it was a fun and exciting experience. Overall it was 30 hours from the first inducing which didn't work well and 16 hours from the second inducing which did work slowly. 12 hours of that labor that included any kind of pain, 7 of those were with the epidural and 2 hours of pushing at the end. It went really fast for me but I guess my doctor was close to giving me a c-section because it was taking so long, but I am glad he let me keep trying. He also gave me 15 mins at the end to push until he was going to do an epiziotomy and use the vacuume thing but I didn't need those either because I worked really hard with Ryan by my side! Ryan even looked when she arrived which was something neither of us were going to do. We were lucky to have wonderful family and friends stay to greet her after she was born. They waited until 2 am for everything to be all done and greeted her happily. She had quite the conehead and bruises but those have mostly healed by this point. She was nose up instead of nose down until the very end. She arrived at 12:40 am Tuesday September 16th and weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and is 19 1/4 inches long. That isn't that big but I guess it was pretty big for my body so if there is ever a next baby it won't be allowed to be late at all. Lillian barely fit and was banged up because of it! I am glad we didn't wait another week, I would have ended up having a c-section if she had been any bigger.Lillian was born perfectly healthy, normal and happy and has been an excellent baby! And now she is finally here!! She is so sweet and doesn't cry unless she needs something. She is nursing well, she is still teaching me how! Ryan and I are so happy and feel so blessed and fulfilled as parents to have such a darling little child. Here are a few pictures we have from Lillian's first few days. Her official hospital pictures can be found here.

Tracy before delivery.



Lillian finally arrived! Here she is all bundled up and comfortable!!
Lillian likes to cuddle on mommy's tummy curled up in a ball kind of like how she used to be in mommy's tummy.
Lillian sleeping in her bassinet in the hospital. We kept her in the room with us the whole time. We didn't want to be without her!
Lillian with Grandma Diona!

The happy new family! The elated new parents!!
Lillian looks like Maggie Simpson with her pacifier and she would suck on it just like Maggie Simpson too!! But we found out at the pediatrician's today that she is not supposed to have pacifiers for another two weeks so she has to give them up already.
The very proud daddy and his little girl!
What a precious, beautiful little girl!!

7 comments:

NandL said...

awwwwwww, She is soooo precious! Congratulations!!
Laura H...

Deborah Yip said...

Joy! Joy! She is so beautiful. What a wonderful experience. I am so happy for you both. This blog is also awesome. Keep up the good work and WELCOME LILLY!

janine said...

So sweet and adorable. What a blessing. I can't wait to get my hands on her! Enjoy every moment of her. Congratulations, I am so happy for you. Janine

janine said...

So sweet and adorable. I can't wait to get my hands on her. What a blessing, enjoy every moment of her. Congratulations! Janine

Jen and Shawn Taylor said...

Congradulations! Lily is so beautiful. We can't wait to meet her. Enjoy every second- they grow way too fast!

Love,
The Taylors

Anonymous said...

Tracy and Ryan -
Lilly is absolutely adorable and surrounded by so much love! I love the pics - she's already photogenic. All her "aunts" and "honorary uncle" in the ELL department can't wait to meet her. We are so happy for you! Love, Cristi

Christopher Flores said...

Congratulations to you guys!

Girls are great! I have three of them!

Chris Flores